Hospital > Pharmacy
The pharmacy department at Adair County memorial Hospital places priority on medication safety, high quality patient care, and education.
The pharmacy department:
- Tamara Lallier, Pharm.D., MBA – Director of Pharmacy
- Donna Zimmerline, CPhT – Pharmacy Technician
The pharmacy department provides the following services:
- Medication monitoring: The pharmacist works closely with the providers, nursing, and other departments to ensure the patients at ACHS are on the right medications for them. The pharmacist also monitors to make sure the medications are safe for the patient.
- Face to face medication review: While patients are in the hospital at ACHS, the pharmacist visits their room and goes over all current medications with them.
- IV medications: The pharmacist prepares IV medications in a sterile barrier isolator hood compliant with all regulating bodies.
- Chemotherapy: The pharmacy department at Adair County Health System now has the equipment to prepare IV chemotherapy medications that are compliant with all regulating bodies.
- Drug information: The pharmacy department plays a key role at ACHS in providing medication information to the providers, nurses, clinic staff, and patients.