Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical required.
We offer generous PTO, benefit package and IPERS.
If interested submit your application/resume to:
Adair County Memorial Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
609 SE Kent | Greenfield IA 50849
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.
Download the application for employment here
Health System > Employment
FT - 7p-7a shift
Cardiac Rehab RN
FT - Provides professional chronic disease nursing services including but not limited to cardiac rehabilitation phases 2 & 3, pulmonary rehabilitation phases 2 & 3 and outpatient cardiac testing. One year experience in cardiac nursing with demonstrated knowledge and training on cardiac monitors preferred.
PT- two 24 hour shifts weekly, must be insurable by our auto insurance carrier
WEEKEND PACKAGE, MUST HAVE IOWA RN LICENSE, HOURS 7P-7A
Health Coach Assistant/Wellness Coordinator, FT-must be Iowa licensed LPN, previous wellness and physician office experience preferred.
Clinic Assistant Manager, PT- Must be Iowa licensed LPN, previous physician office experience required.
Maintenance Worker, FT- Certification in plumbing, electrical, and heating/cooling/ventilating systems, preferred, must have valid Iowa driver’s license.
Clinical Informatics Specialist, FT-must be a licensed RN in the State of Iowa, BSN preferred. Previous experience in informatics and a variety of clinical or healthcare settings preferred
Shared CFO Position
If interested please go to mercydesmoines.org, requisition # 1500009044 to apply
This shared position will be a Mercy Medical Center employee located at Dallas County Hospital, Perry, IA and Adair County Health System, Greenfield, IA
This is a shared CFO position with dual reporting requirements to two organizations: Adair County Health System and Dallas County Hospital. Responsible for working with the facility’s management, Board of Trustees, physicians, nursing and ancillary department staff, regulatory agencies’ staff, co-workers, and outside vendors to establish and monitor achievements of financial goals. Makes recommendations for continuing improvement of the financial health of the organization(s).
- Plans, organizes, directs, interprets, coordinates, monitors, records, and administers the financial activities of the Network facility, including, but not limited to, finance, accounting, internal controls, and audits.
- Maintains all accounting records and is responsible for the development, analysis, and the interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise the Administrator and Board of Trustees of the Network facility of operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, trends and increased revenue possibilities.
- Assures integrity of the general ledger and prepares monthly and year-end financial, statistical and analytical reports in accordance with standard accounting principles. Anticipates and keeps the Administrator of the Network facility appraised of financial issues and resolves in a timely and appropriate manner as needed.
- Oversees the organization’s preparation process for the annual financial audit; reviewing and signing off on the trial balance and all applicable work papers to be provided to the engaged audit firm.
- Oversees the preparation process for the completion and filing of the annual cost report; including reviewing all work papers to support the filing of compliant and well documented cost reports for Medicaid and Medicare.
- Coordinates cash and investment management activities.
- Monitors all required debt covenants and ensures organization meets reporting and debt service coverage obligations.
- Establishes key financial performance metrics for the organization; monitoring and reporting the organization’s performance. Establishes strategies to meet metric goals through adoption of best practice initiatives.
- Coordinates the annual budget process; develops the Network facility’s annual operating and capital budgets; authorizes expenditures; monitors performance and takes corrective action when appropriate to maintain control of financial resources; educates/supports department managers of the Network facility regarding financial/budget matters.
- Develops policies and procedures for the organization adopting best practices and ensuring strong internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures organization meets all regulatory filing and reporting requirements. Assigning responsibility as appropriate to designated staff to assure accurate and timely filing of all mandated federal and state reports including, but not limited to, IRS Form 990, employee W-2’s, 1099’s, 5500’s, payor elections, and submission of annual budget, amendments and quarterly publications in compliance with the Iowa code governing county hospitals.
- Administers the operation of the departments assigned by the Administrator of the Network facility through the organizational chart.
- Assists Administrator of the Network facility in ensuring high quality health services are provided at a reasonable, affordable cost. Performs existing and new service line analytics as requested.
- Adopts and implements Mercy Health Network best practice recommendations, including standardized financial reporting template and ratios, timely filing of information to IHA Databank, etc.
- Supports and abides by the mission, philosophy, and policies of the Network facility in all activities.
- Attends all applicable management, departmental, or other required meetings.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by administration of the Network facility.
- Promotes public relations and represents the Network facility in community and to the public.
- Participates in both internal and external meetings, including MHN CFO meetings, so as to promote the mission of the facility and to enhance coordination and communication between the hospital, community and MHN.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business or accounting field with 2 years’ experience in a healthcare facility; or experience level to be eligible for advanced membership in HFMA required.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities required.
- Computer experience including being knowledgeable in use of Excel software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven experience in managing and improving revenue cycle processes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently establish priorities; competency in delegation and establishing accountability with direct reports; a master of time management.
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience, preferably in the healthcare field, preferred.